Summertime should be a wonderful time for kids. We’ve planned nine great weeks of camp for the boys and girls in your life that will make their summer days the greatest days of the year. It’s a fun, safe place for kids. Here’s what we’ve planned!
There are nine weeks of day camp centered around the beautiful wooded campus of Shades Mountain Independent Church in Bluff Park, Alabama. Camp is from 9:00-4:00 each day, and we also have an early and late program (see details under the early/late show). The facilities are great, just right for an awesome time all summer long. You’ll love it here. We also have one week of Overnight Camp located at the YMCA Hargis Retreat in Chelsea.
It’s the people at camp who make those memories. Parents tell us our staff makes their kids feel loved and important. We work to help campers build good relationships with adults and other kids. Camp is like a big family whose members encourage and strengthen each other. We’ll do what it takes to make sure your child “fits in” and feels at home with the other campers.
Our camp is for campers entering grades K-8 and they enjoy learning a lot as they have a great time. They go home feeling that they’ve spent the day with good friends who really care about them as individuals as well as an important part of the group. It’s just the thing for kids enjoying their first camp experience, as well as for “seasoned pros” who have previously been to camp. We’re planning everything carefully to make each week great. We expect most weeks to fill up, so plan on selecting your weeks soon so you won’t be disappointed by a full camp.
Just wait until you see what we’ve planned for your kids. We’ll make sure your child has a safe and fun time each day at camp!
Once you register, we’ll send you a complete Camp Information Packet with all of the details you’ll need to know the week before camp begins. Also, look at the “important documents” section for the latest information. Camp is more than a vacation; it’s the best summer of your life! Parents tell us their kids can’t wait! Weeks fill up fast, so sign up today!
CAMP & LUNCH PRICES
Weekly Lunch Plans: $30 a week (or $7 per day).
- Our full lunch menu will be posted in May as we get closer to camp.
- Snack plans include one food item and one drink each day.
- For campers who need a little more food for the day, we offer a double snack plan that includes two food items and two drinks. These can be purchased at breakfast (7:15-8:45) or at snack time. Campers may also eat their extra snack during late show, but the snack shop will not be open for purchasing during that time.
- You can also purchase a snack plan for an individual day. The cost is $2 a day for single snack and $3 a day for double snack.
- Food plans may be purchased online or at the camp front desk.